Click here to register: https://enrollment.sd23.bc.ca
A valid Canadian birth certificate or Canadian passport of the child, a copy of one parent/guardian BC driver’s license and one parent/guardian BC CARE card for proof of residency must be provided at the time of registration. Other legal documentation such as landed immigrant/permanent resident card, certificate of citizenship or documents issued by Immigration Canada must be processed through our International Education office prior to registering at a school.
The School Act allows a parent to defer the enrollment of a Kindergarten child for not more than one year. Parents are encouraged to discuss deferment with the school principal before a decision is made.
Where to Register
Parents typically register their children at their neighbourhood school. To determine your catchment area school please check on the district’s map that is posted on the School District #23 website(www.sd23.bc.ca). All students living on the west side of Okanagan Lake are eligible to enroll in our french immersion program.
Acceptance of Registration
As per Board Policy 405R – Student Placement Regulations priorities shall be given to students on the following basis:
- catchment area students who, in the previous year, attended the school;
- catchment area students who, in the previous year, were ‘placed’ by the district in a different school;
- siblings of catchment area students;
- new catchment area students;
- siblings of non-catchment area students currently enrolled in the school;
- non-catchment area students who request to attend the school which is other than their catchment area school;
- non-district area students;
- international students.
As per SD#23 Board Policy 405R – Student Placement (Regulations) , these priorities remain in effect until the close of registration on August 29, 2013. After that date, schools may accept ‘out-of-catchment’ students, space permitting.