Click here to register: https://enrollment.sd23.bc.ca
Ministry Required Registration Documents for GPE Elementary and StrongStart:
**Please remember the following are LEGAL documents; BOTH sides of ID cards, etc. are required**
A. Proof of Residency:
1. One Parent/Legal Gaurdian BC Health Services Card* - FRONT AND BACK
2. One Parent/Legal Gaurdian BC Driver's Licence* - FRONT AND BACK
(*If you have a combination Services/Driver's Licence card, we still require BOTH sides of the combination card)
B. Proof of Address: 3. ONE of the following: - Mortgage Statement
- Rental Agreement
- Utility Bill
4. Child Birth Certificate OR Passport
5. Child BC Health Services Card* - FRONT AND BACK
**Other legal documentation such as landed immigrant/permanent resident card, certificate of citizenship or documents issued by Immigration Canada must be processed through our International Education office prior to registering at a school.
The School Act allows a parent to defer the enrollment of a Kindergarten child for not more than one year. Parents are encouraged to discuss deferment with the school principal before a decision is made.
Where to Register:
All students living on the west side of Okanagan Lake are eligible to enroll in our French Immersion program.
Acceptance of Registration
As per Board Policy 405R – Student Placement Regulations priorities shall be given to students on the following basis:
- catchment area students who, in the previous year, attended the school;
- catchment area students who, in the previous year, were ‘placed’ by the district in a different school;
- siblings of catchment area students;
- new catchment area students;
- siblings of non-catchment area students currently enrolled in the school;
- non-catchment area students who request to attend the school which is other than their catchment area school;
- non-district area students;
- international students.
As per SD#23 Board Policy 405R – Student Placement (Regulations) , these priorities remain in effect until the close of registration on August 29, 2021. After that date, schools may accept ‘out-of-catchment’ students, space permitting.