How do I become involved in my child's school?
Parent Advisory Councils are the formal "voice" of
parents to provide input to schools in British Columbia. All
parents/guardians of children attending each school are automatically
members of this important council.
It is our hope that all of our parents will get
involved in this important group. At Ecole George Pringle Elementary,
monthly meetings and other activities are planned and organized by your
The PAC is dedicated to the education and well
being of the child. The primary mandate of the PAC shall be to promote
and support education, to contribute to a sense of community, to
encourage effective communication between home and school, to foster
meaningful parent participation, and to strengthen the role of families
in educational activities and decision making in the school.
PARENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
The École George Pringle School Parent Advisory Council (P.A.C.) is a group of parents who volunteer their time to help out at our school. The function of the P.A.C. is to provide an avenue for parental input regarding the operation and administration of our school. Parental attendance and participation is encouraged at the P.A.C. meetings. Occasionally parent in-service sessions, led by guest speakers, are held in conjunction with the P.A.C. meetings to provide parents with such opportunities as continuing education in parenting skills and promoting the wellbeing of our children. If you have any questions or concerns please email us at: email@example.com
What does our PAC do:
- provides assistance with curricular and extra-curricular activities
- coordinates a hot lunch program
- hosts a Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- liaison with/between school/media/parents
- helps plan school events such as Family Movie Night
- helps set long term objectives and goals for the school
- Coordinates fundraising events such as: Halloween Sales, Magazine Sales and Renewals, Book Fair, Family Photo Night, Recycling Program, and our largest fundraiser Carnival Night.
The P.A.C. thrives on parental involvement with the few major fund raising activities hosted throughout the year.
Parent Advisory Council Positions:
|Jennifer Johnson & Tanya Storey|
& Kong Khoo|
Members at Large
|Kathie Dionne, Lola McCabe-Thomas, Catharine Patton, Susan Zimmermann|