I'm happy to say that we have more information regarding re-opening GPE StrongStart! Full details will be available by the middle of this week (Sept 21-25) and we will post them on the GPE Elementary website.
· Families will sign up to attend 1 day per week over a 6-week period. E.g. 6 consecutive Tuesdays.
· Small class sizes will allow physical distancing of the adults. This varies according to the size of the centre, but will be approximately 5 adults and their children, plus the facilitator.
· You will attend with the same group of people for the 6-week period.
· No drop-ins at this time.
· A waitlist will be maintained so that anyone who is not in the first 6-week period is prioritized for the second 6-week period.
· Classes will be shorter, likely 8:45-11:15, so that we have time to do additional cleaning. As usual, families don't need to stay the entire time.
· Children will not be required to wear masks. Adults will be required to wear masks on entry to StrongStart and when physical distancing is not possible.
If you already know you would like to attend the first 6-week period, which begins the week of Sept 28, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). Tell me the name of the adult who will attend, which day(s) would work, and the names and ages of the children who will attend.
Families who have submitted registration forms in the past will not have to resubmit them. I will explain the registration process to new families when I receive their email.
No doubt about it, StrongStart will be different this year. However, I am so very grateful that the program will continue to operate for Central Okanagan families. I can't wait to see children back in the StrongStart room again!
GPE StrongStart facilitator